Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Still Sketching

So, my Sketch A Day project is STILL going, but slowly. Definitely not exactly a sketch a day; but I'm still doodling around here and there.

This one was just a little girl I had in my head for a while. Unfortunately, she didn't come out on paper just how I imagined her. Oh well.

This one is based on a story that my son likes to tell. It involves the forest, animals, nuts and a naughty crow that he has to threaten with his bow and arrow.


I've also been drawing dogs like crazy. Particularly the relationship between dogs and little boys. I have so many ideas in my head. This little guy is all over my sketchbook:
He's sort of like my springer spaniel. I think they look alike and have sort of the same attitude (yes, my little drawn doggie has attitude). You'll be seeing more of him.

So this is sort of random. Boy is taking dog out for a poop next to a confused-looking Tyrannosaurus Rex. There's a story in that one - care to take it on Jackamo or Watoosa?
So, I'm staying on the path ... are you?

1 comment:

Cheryl Arkison said...

I love these!
Oh to have some talent like that.