Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Pressing On

Well, it looks like I will not be able to upload my nifty header image that I created especially for this blog. I've been trying to figure out how to post the header for weeks now and have decided to wait on the good folks at Blogger to figure that out for me. Apparently there is a glitch that needs attention.

But a fun header does not a good blog make, so in that spirit, I've decided to forge ahead and get my blog all caught up on my projects and what I've got in the hopper.



Above is a sweet little dress that I recently finished knitting for baby Ava (3 months) from this PATTERN. It took me such a long time to get the bow on and threaded through the wrap portion of the dress and it ended up not looking right. Ava doesn't mind though, and she loves sucking on the brown, velvet ribbon. It was really supposed to tie the two portions of the neck together, but that didn't actually happen. She looks cute in it though and I'm thinking that this will be a good outfit for her 3 mo. photos.



I've also decided to tackle what I thought was the arduous task of cable knitting. How wrong I was! I selected a great double-sided cable knit scarf from this BOOK for Joel and it ended up being so incredibly easy! I'm working on it 5 min. here and 5 min. there and should have it finished for him probably in May sometime.

1 comment:

Watoosa said...

That dress is so pretty! Wish I could see the whole baby, but am respecting the need for a bit of anonymity.
As for that scarf, it makes my regular old green scarf I'm knitting for myself look pretty lackluster by comparison. Could you possibly email me the cable pattern? If not, I'll look it up in the library (if it's not too hard).
I'm so impressed with your knitting!