Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Gooey Goodness...


I notice that a lot of bloggers are feeling the pinch. The pinch when they try to get into their pants, that is. At least I am! Some are swearing off sugar, others are trying to eat smaller portions (good luck with that one - you are more woman than I am) and still some are just heading for the diet section of Barnes & Noble.

I'm back to watching my points, since I have some of the literature from long ago and I'm receiving wonderful update emails from this site. It's chock full of great recipes that taste great and are low in points (i.e. calories and fat). So, for all of you out there that are thinking about eating healthier while ogling a death-by-chocolate pound cake under glass in your local coffee house, I give you this great recipe. I've modified it a bit (the original calls for peanut butter - that's good too!) but it's from hungry-girl.com and each mini-muffin is less than 1 point on the Weight Watchers Scale. Now, this doesn't mean that they're free, so if I eat two, I count 1 point. Seriously.


Now, this recipe is really hard, so please pay attention:

Rockin' Awesome Brownie Bites

Ingredients:
1 Box Reduced Fat Brownie Mix
1 Can Libby's Pumpkin Puree (not pumpkin pie filling ... that's cheating)

Preheat oven to 350. Spray mini muffin tin with non-fat or low-cal cooking oil. Open box and dump contents into a bowl. Open can and dump contents into the same bowl. Mix thoroughly. Drop by the spoon full or use a small scoop into a mini muffin tin. Wait for oven to heat up because you're already done with the prep work.

Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes or until desired consistency. Bake less if you want a fudgy bite, or more if you want them more cake-like. Just test them out as you go.

Eat. Enjoy.

Yum! As you have probably guessed, these went really fast in our house. My two-year old kept asking for more even before he was done chewing. He looked just like a chipmunk with each cheek full of brownie bite.

Oh, and I'm still working very hard on this pattern/idea that's been stuck in my head for ages. I've just been too scared to make the first cut.


Until now...



Here I go!

4 comments:

Emily Cole said...

Those muffin thingys sound yummy! I may try them around here... my little boy is eating me out of house and home! I can't wait to see what you're making with your new pattern!

Cheryl Arkison said...

Hmm, what are you making with that new pattern? I was thinking you were copying the pattern of the paper, but I think that was way off base now.

Watoosa said...

Those brownie bites look so decadent in the photos--it is a wicked thing to post during Lent!
I'll have to make some of those for Easter. Chris will then eat 1 thousand, rendering the Weight Watchers point value pointless.

Jackamo said...

Well, I'm going to have to make some of those brownie bites. My word. They look so sinful, yet they sound so saintly.