Friday, March 6, 2009

Catching Up


There is nothing like knitting a dishcloth to soothe the troubled mind. You can quote me on that. This week has been full of meetings and mind-bending spreadsheets and mountains of paper and products. Whew. So hopefully by the end of the week I'll have a finished dishcloth to show you. However, I did want to share an FO with you:

Ava's dress!


This was so much fun to knit and despite it's size, very quick as well. In between busy-ness and working to accomplish other pressing items, I would just pick this up and start stockinette in the round over and over and over.... repetitive and soothing. I received a bag of varying colored yarn for Christmas and the dress was the end result. I have yet to weave in the many ends, but I hope to get it on my little model soon for a photo shoot.

The cookies at the beginning of the post were baked on Monday right before I left on my business trip. I left the surprise for my husband and children under the glass cake stand on the kitchen table. Judging from last night's call home, I think that they are almost gone.

I also did a little bit of scrapbooking (I am NOT a scrapbooker) and made a laminated page for each of my babies to find in their beds when they went to sleep that night.

Each card featured a picture of me with each child on the front and some more photos on the back with as many colorful stickers that I could manage to put on the extra space.

My husband told me that when Chandler picked up his card, he was very excited and after examining it for a moment, he said in a grave tone, "Daddy, this card is very, very special." (melting heart here...)

On the path (back home) ...

3 comments:

Cheryl Arkison said...

Ah, those cards are a great idea. I'll have to remember that when I go back to work.

Sarah said...

Oh wow, I love love LOVE the dress!! When I see stuff like that, I think about how much I wish I would make knitting/crafting in general a priority!

Jenny said...

Thank you! I am so glad to finally finish this dress. Knitting is truly a stress-reliever and relaxer, even though I don't get to do it on a regular basis.