Monday, December 31, 2007

A Birthday Boy


December is truly a busy time for our family. There were four birthdays in our immediate family this month in addition to the usual hubbub of parties and family get-togethers that make up what is the month of December.

I am very relieved to be done with my huge project list and on to the fun stuff Really, all projects are fun but when I can work on them at a leisurely pace, that is even more fun! I will have to take photos of all of the great fabrics that I received for Christmas to add to my stash. Yahoo!

My sweetie pie's second birthday was on Saturday the 29th. I can't believe that it was two years ago I was in the hospital holding my first baby boy in my arms. Time really flies! So, to celebrate his big day and to also illustrate his love of anything that has to do with transportation, I made this little shirt. Illustrated by myself and using an iron-on transfer that I ran through my inkjet, I think that this little shirt turned out great! It was so much fun that I've decided to share the design with anyone who has a special little one out there with a birthday coming up. Be sure to check back in a while as I will have more versions of this design available for those not turning two.

Here are some shots of the shirt in action:
Cooking up a batch of special birthday goulash.

Creating some artwork that bears a striking resemblance to a Jackson Pollock painting:


I forgot to add this last little "beauty" on my last post about Christmas gifts. The bag is made in soft corduroy with the fun circle patterned cotton as the accent pleat.


Happy New Year!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those cookies are absolutly adorable! I never think about being that creative, I usually just put a little icing on cupcakes and call it a day. My second daughter just turned 2 last October, and the only special thing about the cupcakes was the fact that I let her pick out the cake and icing flavor.

Emily Cole said...

Jen - Great job on the cookies and the shirt!!! What a cute little boy Chandler is! You are such a great Mom to make that stuff for him! Em

keely said...

I am the proud owner of that bag!!! I love love LOVE it!! and I loved those cookies too! They were almost =) too pretty to eat!!