Friday, February 1, 2008

Winter White


We've been trying out all kinds of indoor activities to beat the stir-crazy blues in our household. The big activity right now is so simple, so elegant, yet offers all kinds of fun for some busy little hands. That activity is ... Lima Beans. Yes, hard, dry, white lima beans. They are too big to fit into a nostril or down an ear (believe me, my son already tried) and they make such a nice sound hitting a glass bowl. We've been busy making pretend soups, transferring the beans from a large bowl to smaller ones using mugs, wooden spoons, our hands and cups. My son routinely requests the "beans" every evening after dinner. It doesn't matter what I do to try to distract him to do something different. Fun, fun for everyone!



Now is the time for all of you northerners to get out and use your handknits! I've been outside shoveling the snow and ended up taking photos of the beautiful, velvety goodness. Of course, I say that now, and in a few weeks I'm going to be wishing for spring. My husband already wishes for it. Probably has something to do with shoveling the driveway at 6AM this morning. Hmm...





On the path...

No comments: